Jamar Digital Hand Dynamometer
Call us at 080-25353641 or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and other details.
For both the Jamar Smart and Jamar Plus+ we've replaced the hydraulic system found in other dynamometers with a circuit board and electronic load sensors. This technological advancement gives you a more accurate tool to measure hand strength in clients with hand trauma and dysfunction. We also increased the durability of the dynamometer by eliminating all internal moving parts, and encasing the electronics in a sturdy aluminum body with a scratch-resistant UV coating.
The Jamar Smart is the first electronic hand dynamometer that works seamlessly and wirelessly with a mobile app. Download the free Jamar Smart app from the Apple App Store, and you'll be able to control your Jamar Smart from your iPad tablet (iPad Air, iPad Mini or original iPad version 3 or later). The app is designed to expedite and enhance patient evaluations allowing results to be quickly repeated, edited, and saved.
For both digital dynamometers, the readout displays isometric grip force from 0â€“200 lbs (90 kg). Requires two AAA batteries (included). Comes in a reusable storage container. Jamar Smart: Two year warranty, Jamar Plus: one year warranty.
The free app includes the standard hand grip test, and features:
- Ability to set number of reps from 1 to 5
- Determine hand(s) to test and which one to start with
- Record the grip position on the Jamar
- Easily accept or redo any trial
- Instantly displays results to 1/10th of a pound
- Calculates average, standard deviation and coefficient of variation
- Compares results to norms based on patient's gender and age
For a nominal fee, you can download the fully-featured app, which includes options to:
- Input patient name and/or ID, gender and age storage
- Save test history and quickly create a new test with the same parameters
- Create additional tests: Rapid Exchange, 5 Position Grip and Sustained Grip
- Display results for 5-Position and Sustained Grip also display as a real-time graph for easier interpretation of results
- Export results as a PDF file